Welcome to Department of Agribusiness and Marketing
Development of necessary infrastructures as catalyst for the progressive and sustainable expansion of agribusiness and market activities for attainment of food security, import substitution, job & wealth creation and economic diversification.
To facilitate development of Agribusiness value chain, promote globally competitive Agro-industralization and private sector investment in agribusiness and market development.
- Development of essential infrastructure as catalyst for sustainable agricultural production, processing, storage and marketing.
- Development and expansion of competitive agricultural industrialization.
- Ensure adequate and appropriate agribusiness financing and insurance of agribusiness investments.
- Promote appropriate technology and innovation for postharvest management.
- Promote private sector investment and management of value addition.
- Ensure agriculture as a business instead of a development project.
- Development of policies and framework for postharvest value addition, food security, import substitution, job & wealth creation.
STRUCTURE OF AGRIBUSINESS AND MARKET DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
- Agribusiness and Investment Support Service Division (ABISSD)
- Agro Industrial Division (AID)
- Marketing and Finance Division (M&FD)
- Agro Processing Support Service Division (APSSD)